March 12, 2009
An intelligent learning agent...SIRI?
Credit: Howard Cao
Siri is working on virtual personal-assistant software, which would help users complete tasks rather than just collect information. An all-star team of designers and engineers drawn from Google, Yahoo, Apple, Motorola, Netscape, RealTravel, SRI, NASA, and Xerox PARC. The orgins of Siri is from CALO stands for “Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes” financed by DARPA stands for Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Siri is planning to release a public version of its product in the first half of 2009.
Mobile users will get the first shot at it and will perform only specific types of functions, such as helping make reservations at restaurants, check flight status, or plan weekend activities. Are we moving from "search engine" to "do engine"?
Learn More. Siri
+ Technology News
+ Technology Review
- ► 2016 (72)
- ► 2015 (132)
- ► 2014 (126)
- ► 2013 (176)
- ► 2012 (64)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (87)
- Hacker: Dumb or Dumber?
- Walking wishbone?
- Virtual Gold Farming in China?
- Shinkansen average delay 6 second?
- Future Auto: pay by use model?
- Will looking for details of UFOs land you in JAIL?...
- Who won the SXSWi 2009 Awards?
- What's eye tracking search?
- Space LIVE launch CAM?
- Wireless levitating lightbulb?
- Mind controls that could be worth billions?
- An intelligent learning agent...SIRI?
- Why Mathematica?
- i cocoon?
- "I was broke for more than 10 years" Evan Williams...
- YouTube remixed ThruYOU?
- What's Augmented Reality?
- Marissa Mayer "Eat your own dog food"?
- In search for Earth 2.0?
- What's missing beside TOUCH, TASTE, and SMELL?
- Who is in Room 2048?
- Blind man driving...with bionic eye?
- Bookmark on steroids?
- Hope and Dream...Microsoft 2019?
- Detachable Screen + Touch Screen + 10 to 15 hours ...
- IBM + Dr.Dharmendra Modha = Cognitive Computing?
- ▼ March (26)